Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Student Success Statement

"I  have been asked what I mean by "word of honor." I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so gar into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I'd die first"-Karl G. Maeser

What do you think that is one of the only things that the human being cannot live or be without it?, You answered correctly if your response was Word of honor. The word of honor is something that nobody can live without, also often called pride. Admitted you would never brake you word of honor for nothing in the world, without honor you would be someone totally hateful and disliked among people. One example and the most classic one is making a promise you really respect and care about. You know you cannot brake it because the honor you have lost there it damages your reputation. Something really similar happens in the island of Japan. In Japan the honor of a person not only damages the person reputation, also the family reputation. In ancient Japan the Samurais would rater die than to live without honor, for those samurais who lost their honor to obtain it back was to die in a honor way, chopping their heads of. Your honor and everybody's honor is not something you should mess with. Honor determine wetter  you are respectful or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment