Friday, November 20, 2015

Thanksgiving day!

Thanksgiving Day


Thanksgiving, one of America's most famous celebration or holiday. I cannot deny that thanksgiving is one of my favorites celebration, although they don't celebrate it in my country.

Anyways. Thanksgiving was not a holiday after all until now, or just a couple of years ago. They origins here in America is when in September in 1620 a ship left England, the name of that ship was mayflower carrying around 102 passengers with it. Those were the famous and now called Pilgrims, who they were looking for spiritual peace and freedom in the new world that has been discovered. It wasn't till 66 days in the ocean till they could finally arrive to america. They settled the first town in in Virginia, the town was called Jamestown. Many passengers die by diseases, the cold weather, the limit of resources as food and the hard work; because of the winter just half of the passengers survive. Until one day an Native American brought other with him and help the pilgrims with their needs as teaching them how to plant corn, fish and hunt. After one year of successfully surviving thanks to the Natives, the pilgrims made the first thanksgiving day which originally took as long as 3 whole days of hunting and doing some other activities.



All what it means thanksgiving is kind of amazing. Because you show gratitude and that you are proud of what you, who you are and what you have. my 12 list of things that I'm thankful of is:

  1. Being my self
  2. For food
  3. For my intelligence
  4. For where I live
  5. My mother
  6. My friends
  7. To have learned a second language
  8. For my wonderful uncles 
  9. For my clothes
  10. For the money
  11. For my beautiful country that now is a total hell
  12. For people who care about me 

No comments:

Post a Comment